Requirements and Types Of UK Family Visas

Family visitor visa UK is needed if you want to stay in the UK for more than 6 months.

UK family visas fall in the category of UK entry and residence authorizations that are issued to those who want to set up a permanent family life with their family members in the UK.

A few ways through which one can get a UK family visa:

  • As a spouse or partner of a UK inhabitant.
  • As a parent of a UK inhabitant.
  • As a child of a UK inhabitant.
  • As a disable or sick person in need for long-term care
  • As a widowed partner or spouse in the UK
  • As a separated or divorced partner or spouse

Restrictions for a Family visitor visa UK?

You won’t be able get a UK family visa if you fall in the following criteria:

  • The individual is already living in the UK with a UK work visa, or a UK temporary student visa.
  • The individual is already staying in the UK with a UK visitor visa with a validity period of minimum 6 months . 

The restriction doesn’t apply for a UK visitor visa for marriage, or if you are waiting for a final decision on a family or divorce matter from the court.

What are the Family visitor Visa UK Types?

There are several categories that you may consider before applying for the UK visitor visa for family. This will give you a clarity to choose the correct visa type based on your personal circumstances.

  • Spouse Visa category

The UK Spouse Visa category should be considered if the visa applicant is visiting the UK to his/her spouse or partner who is already a British citizen, or has a pre settled-status in the UK or has sought refugee or humanitarian protection in the UK. At the time of your application you must prove that the relationship with your partner is either a marriage, or civil partnership.

  • Parent Visa category

The UK Parent Visa category is considered for those parents of British citizens who have spent a continuous 7 year period in the UK. To be eligible for this visa the child must be below 18 years of age, or must have been 18 years during the time you first initiated the visa application. 

  • Child Visa category

The UK Child Visa is granted to children of a settled person in the UK or having British citizenship. You must be a dependent living with your parents in the UK who are initiating applications for you.

  • Family visa for a person who needs a long-term care 

This visa is issued to those persons who are above 18 years of age and have long term illness and medical history, and the person needs long-term care by a relative who is either a British citizen, or settled in the UK or has sought refugee rights or living under humanitarian protection in the UK. 

  • Widowed partner or spouse category

If you are applying as a widowed partner of a deceased British citizen or a person who had settled status in the UK, the dependent partner.

  • Visa as a separated or divorced partner

Separated or divorced partner visa category is for those who are seeking to  remain permanently in the UK after the relationship has broken down due to domestic violence from your partner. You must possess your last spouse visa and public funds until the application settlement is underway. 

Seeking expert advice

At all times, one must strictly adhere to the Home Office rules and compliances. Failing to comply with it could result in visa rejection. You may also like to take support of an expert immigration lawyer to represent you hassle-free. A Y & J Solicitors have the best immigration lawyers and experts that guide you through the process and keep you abreast with any update in any UK immigration news pertaining to your case.

If you have more legal content than you can , write for us legal!

(Visited 187 times, 1 visits today)

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *